Friday, March 20, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I don't have a picture, but I'll post one soon (I'm actually making it tomorrow for a dinner party). This is such a good and easy cake to make. If you've tried other chocolate zucchini cakes, give this recipe a try- I think the cinnamon and cloves give it a nice flavor. Don't let the zucchini scare you off- it gives the cake a nice and moist texture.

1/2 c. butter (room temp)
1/2 c. oil (I use vegetable)
1 3/4 c. sugar
2 whole eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. cloves
1/2 c. pecans (chopped) (personally, I use about a cup)
2 c. zucchini (grated)
1/2 c. chocolate chips (I like milk chocolate)
1/2 c. powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter, oil, and sugar. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. Sift dry ingredients together. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Fold in pecans, zucchini, and chocolate chips. Pour batter into 9x13 lightly greased pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

Marcie Ashton said...

Looks great Cort! I wonder if Wilburs even carries zucchini in the winter. . .