Monday, January 3, 2011

Fish Tacos

I am not usually a fish taco fan. Infact I have always thought they sounded horrible. BUT for some reason when I stumbled across this recipe, I thought I'd give it a try. And boy am I glad I did... It was REALLY good!

2 pounds Tilapia
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cabbage, sliced thin
Salsa or pico de gallo
white sauce (recipe to follow)
Corn tortillas
Limes

Line a small baking sheet with foil. Place the fish down on the sheet and sprinkle with the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and half a lime. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until fish is flaky. While the fish is baking, make the white sauce.

White Sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup milk
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Whisk all ingredients together. Set aside.

Cook corn tortillas on a skillet lightly coated in oil (I use my griddle and cook 4 at a time with butter). Once the fish is baked, shred the fish with two forks. Assemble tacos. Tortilla, fish, cabbage, white sauce, salsa and fresh lime.

Fish and Seasonings..........
Fish..........

White Sauce.......
Yummy Tacos......

No comments: