Sunday, December 28, 2008

Morton's Tri Tip Roast

Hi all! Not posted here yet but love the recipes. I just made (should have taken a picture but forgot and we snarfed it all down!) a meal that I've enjoyed for a few months now and is both delicious and easy.

A while back I was in Costco and kind of browsing, and this lady said to me and I quote, "That is the best thing I have ever bought at Costco" and pointed at this Tri-Tip Roast. She told me that guests were asking about her marinade and her tricks etc, and all she did was cook this thing! So I tried it...wow, its DELICIOUS!!

Only place I've seen it so far is Costco, it looks like this:









This is a frozen one, because I have to have a spare available. You just take it out of the package, put it in a cassarole dish, I usually put foil over the top for the first hour and let it cook at 425 F. Then I check it and leave off the foil for the last bit of browning if neccessary. It usually takes about an hour, maybe an extra 15 minutes depending on how much pink you like in the middle and how large your particular tri-tip is. It is savory and moist and goes well with almost any sides.

Tonight we had it with broccoli, grapes and the kids had crescent rolls. So it makes for a nice low carb meal for those of us dieting and yet it is OH so satisfying! I'd love to hear if any of you have tried it or not and if you also like it!

1 comment:

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.