Sunday, January 18, 2009

Quick Chicken Noodle Soup


With all of the picky eaters at my house it is hard to find a meal that everyone likes. This is one of those meals. I had this at a friend of mines house and just thought is was so good I asked her for the recipe. It is pretty hearty and has lots of noodles like Carols recipe. I make my own chicken broth but you can use whatever.

4 chicken breast
5 carrots, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 quarts water
4 chicken bouillon cubes (or 4tsp chicken bouillon granules or 2 quarts of chicken broth)

Boil veggies, bouillon and water together for 15-20 min. Add cut up chicken.

1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 tsp basil
pepper to taste
1 c frozen peas (optional - I usually leave these out)
1/2 of (11 oz) package Grandma's Frozen Homemade Noodles, thawed (I just use any brand of frozen egg noodles)

Add cream of chicken soup, basil and pepper and bring to a boil again before adding defrosted noodles and peas. Cook for an additional 5 min (I cook it a little longer - probably more like 25-30 min. so the noodles aren't chewy).

No comments: