Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Tacos

This is a new recipe that I got from Kellie. I actually heard some women at church raving about it-and was pleased to find out it was my own sister's recipe! It's an unusual combination of flavors, but my family found it irresistible. It's kind of one of those not-exact-measurement-recipes. But it's so easy, I don't think you can go wrong.

Ingredients:

Chicken breasts ( I used 5)
1/2 bottle of green salsa
1/4 c. brown sugar
ingredients to make tacos (tortillas, cheese, lettuce, tomato, etc).

Cook chicken. I boiled mine, but I'm guessing you could grill it, pan fry it, etc. Shred or dice the chicken. In a pan, combine cooked chicken, salsa and sugar. Cook and stir until combined and heated through.

I have a firm philosophy that everything tastes better with onions, (much to Ryan's dismay) so I sauteed onions and bell peppers.



Layer your taco with the chicken and fillings in whatever manner makes you happy. Enjoy!


PS. Cade ate the leftover meat the next day with tortillas. Not quite as tasty to me, but good enough for a 16 year old boy.

1 comment:

Michelle Ashton said...

Sounds good. I will have to give this a try.