Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wedding Shower Dip


This one is an old "classic" from my mom. It seemed she was always making it for something special-like bridal showers or baby showers-and we kids couldn't have any of it. Now that I'm in charge, we make some whenever we want!

2 8oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
1 can of crushed pineapple, drained
2 c. finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1/4 - 1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper (or to suit or tastes)
1/2 c finely chopped onion (again, start with a half of a cup, and add more if you want)
1 tsp salt.

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Leave in the bowl, or form into two balls and roll in additional chopped nuts. Serve with crackers-preferably Wheat Thins.

2 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

So funny! I "just" made this tonight. Only I used green onions and then rolled it into a ball and rolled it in nuts. It's soooo yummy!

Michelle Ashton said...

Oh and I used seasoned salt instead of regular salt.