Monday, October 27, 2008

Eatmore

I think you all have this recipe, but I'm posting it anyway because it is one that is in my "3 months worth of food storage" group. As long as my freezer keeps working I'll be OK. . .

1 lb hamburger
1/2 c celery, diced
1 c onion, chopped
1 can tomato soup (I actually use 2 because I like it "juicy")
1/3 can water (or 2/3 can in my case)
3/4 c frozen or canned whole kernel corn
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 pkg egg noodles, cooked and drained
1 c cheese (or more)

Brown hamburger with onion and celery. Drain. Add soup, water, corn and chili powder. Simmer. Place noodles in a casserole dish. Add hamburger mixture and stir to cover noodles. Top with grated cheese (I stir some extra in while I'm at it). Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

My kids LOVE this dish. Who am I kidding, Ryan loves it too. In fact, when I make it I take a picture with my cell phone and send it to all of them saying "Dinner's done." They all make it home pretty quickly.

No comments: