Friday, October 24, 2008

Roast Beef Burritos

I don't know about you, but I get sick of BBQ beef sandwiches, which is my old standby for leftover roast beef. I just found this recipe and it was a great change of pace. I'm afraid I don't have any pictures for this one-but it was a HUGE hit with the kids.


1 onion chopped
1 tsp garlic
left-over roast beef (the recipes says 2 cups-I just dumped in what I had)
taco seasoning
1 4oz. can chopped green chili
1 28 oz can chopped tomatoes
1 tsp cumin
flour tortillas
shredded Cheddar cheese

Saute onion and garlic in a little oil until tender. Add beef and taco seasoning (to taste) and stir well. Add chili, tomatoes and cumin. Mix well, and heat thoroughly. Spoon about 1/4- 1/2 c. meat mixture down the middle of a tortilla. Top with some cheese. Roll burrito style. In a frying pan, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat. Fry each burrito in oil until golden, turning if necessary. Drain on a paper towel. Serve with sour cream if desired.

Ok-now my personal comments on the recipe: First, Add as much crushed tomatoes as you like, depending on how dry or how juicy you like things. I guess it would also depend on how much beef you are using. Secondly, add whatever amount of meat you like to your burro-it would also depend on the size of your tortilla. And last, fry the burrito to whatever level of "golden" that you like.



No comments: