Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mexican Wonton Wraps

This is usually a "special occasion" recipe. Not that it is particularly difficult or time consuming, but it is an appetizer, rather than a meal. However, Syd and Cade were gone tonight, so there was enough that the rest of us could eat all we want. Lauren had nine!

1 pkg wonton wrappers
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 can diced green chili
1/2 to 1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. ranch dressing
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
chopped bell pepper
Optional toppings: tomatoes, green onion, olives, sour cream, salsa, guacamole

Lightly spray 24 muffin tins. Place wonton wrappers in muffin tins to form a cup. Here, I'm using round wrappers because they didn't have any of the square ones.
Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining wrappers. I place them on cookie sheets for the next steps, but you can just leave them in the muffin tins if you want.
Mix chicken, dressing, sour cream, chilies, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Chop bell peppers, (and here, my favorite toppings: tomatoes and green onions)
Place a tablespoon of the chicken mixture in each wrap. (The exact amount will vary depending on the size and shape of your wonton wrap). Top with a pinch of bell pepper and cheese. Again, the amount will vary on your taste and the size of the wrap.
Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted and the chicken is warm. Remove from the oven and serve with optional toppings.

5 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

Oooh these look SOOOO good! I should've come to your house for dinner!

Michelle Ashton said...

Oooh and I think I have everything on hand to make this today!! :)

MerileeAshton said...

Yum! This all looks awesome so far. I am not sure my stuff is as good as you ladies, but I'm willing to borrow recipes like the best of um.

Some of my recipes (should I find some good ones), may be of the 'low carb' variety lately as we've been REALLY good on the SouthBeach diet. Curtis has lost 38 lbs! (I of course am at about 8-9 depending on the day but for me that's pretty dang good and better than going up!)

K, gotta run!

Lori Ashton said...

I love the pictures and also the plate. It makes me want to try some of these recipes and really put on a fancy place setting. Maybe I will sometime and post it here!!

Honey Girl said...

Nice pictures. Why does food take such good pictures. I'll testify to the goodness of these wraps. Love them every year at Christmas!